Renting a Furnished Office Space: Advantages & Disadvantages
February 11, 2021
The advisors at Procapitus are often asked about the benefits business owners stand to gain from renting a furnished office space. Their response is simple and honest: there are both advantages and disadvantages.
Therefore, it is important to consider both sides of the coin. If you are uncertain of what a furnished office space can offer your business, this post explains the pros and the cons.
Advantages of Choosing a Furnished Office Space for Rent
Given below is a list of just some of the major advantages of renting a furnished office space:
- Flexible due to Lease – Signing a lease entails minimum legal expenses and generally no references. This is why businesses often prefer spaces that are ready to move in and come with short term leases.
- Low Expenditure – Such an office space easily falls under various budgets due to nominal up front deposit and zero fit out expenses. Also, there are no dilapidation expenses and the monthly payments are generally all inclusive. There may only be a few additional components like IT and telecom packages.
- Convenient Scalability – Businesses can easily modify the amount of space as their requirements change over time. This means they won’t have to pay for space they don’t need or expand quickly without changing the company address.
- Consistent Support – Commercial centres often provide support in various forms on-premises, such as
- Admin and reception staff for secretarial services
- Meeting and conferencing facilities (available on demand)
- Professional Impression – Your business will always be able to project a professional image when you rent a furnished office space. That is because the business center is constantly maintained on the inside and outside to a high standard.
Disadvantages of Renting a Furnished Office Space
- Can Prove Costly in the Long Run – Although a furnished commercial space can save money at first, business centres might prove expensive in the long term.
- Undifferentiated Offices – Commercial centres are of different kinds; some are converted buildings, while others are properties built for this purpose. Also, some centers may be equipped with traditional features, whereas others may offer quirky, unique spaces. Sometimes, built for purpose business centers may suffer due to their uniform offices that all look the same.
- Branding – Occasionally, the office spaces at business centers come fully branded. It means they have their branding and signage on the door or other areas of the space. This makes it obvious that the office space is rented and not owned by the company using it. Some centres, however, do provide completely unbranded furnished office spaces for rent, so that businesses can give the impression of owning their own office.
While the advantages of furnished offices outdo the disadvantages, the decision of renting one should depend on the business needs. It is best to compare the costs and expected returns, and rent a space suitable for long-term sustenance.
The alternative is to rent a high-end space for a short while to entice clients. However, moving to a smaller office after that may affect your business negatively.
Why Procapitus for Furnished Office Spaces?
Procapitus Business Park sits independently within Noida’s office space industry. We want to show our clients they are making the right choice when they choose us.
Furthermore, we prefer transparency with our clients. This is why we have also provided a list of some shortcomings company owners need to be aware of when they think of renting a furnished office space.
Want to find out more? Just give our sales team a call on +91-931-942-6295. We would love to suggest some more advantages of moving to a suitable furnished office space for your company!
Office Space for Lease – Negotiation Tips to Get the Best Deal
Whether you are starting a business or switching to new office space for lease, it is essential to grasp lease terms. Knowing these terms can help you land a better deal that works for you for a long time to come. Lease terms can affect your businesses in many ways. So, before signing the papers, […]
August 6, 2021Read More
5 Questions to Ask Before Getting a Furnished Office for Rent
Entrepreneurs and new business owners need an office to run their business. Finding office space on a lease can be intimidating and discouraging for the first-timers like budding entrepreneurs. There are many factors involved while getting a furnished office for rent, which makes them so daunting. Leasing an office is not like other leases of […]
June 21, 2021Read More
6 Smart Tips to Get a Perfect Commercial Office Space
Finding and leasing a commercial space for your new office that meets your style, budget and needs are definitely exciting. However, it might be stressful for young entrepreneurs. Well, it might not be if you have the right information to empower yourself. Finding a commercial office of your dreams can be time-consuming and requires a […]
February 19, 2021Read More